- Sufficient income, equal to or above 2.75x the monthly rent amount (based on gross income)
- Good Credit History
- Good Rental History
The following requirements must be met before your application to rent an apartment at Otis Terrace Apartments can be considered:
1) An application fee of $30.00 is required to process each application. The Fee must be paid in the form of a check or money order paid to Otis Terrace Apartments. Every adult (18 years or older) must submit an application and must be named on the lease agreement. This FEE is NON-REFUNDABLE.
2) We will request a credit report, eviction report, and civil court records check from National Credit Reporting for each applicant. Any negative reports or reports with discrepancies in comparison with your application may be cause for rejecting your application.
3) Each applicant must produce a valid piece of photo ID and Social Security card (or recent pay check stub with Social Security # indicated). The photo ID provided must include the applicant’s current address. Possible forms of ID: driver’s license, military ID, passport.
4) Applicants must provide verifiable proof of income equal to 2.75 times the monthly rent amount for the apartment for which the application is submitted. Employment must be in the SF bay area. Applicant(s) must submit a copy of their most recent pay stubs for one month’s income or written verification of any income claimed to meet this requirement. This income must have been continuous for at least six (6) months prior to applying. (Therefore prior employer info may be essential)
5) Your current and previous Landlords will be contacted for references. Two positive Landlord references are required. Only non-relative references are acceptable.
6) Applicants with Pets. Please read and review the Pet Policy & Pet Agreement document (available for download below) and provide, at the time of your application, the following: a photo of your pet, a veterinarian's description of the breed and weight of your pet, proof of spay or neuter, current vaccination records for your pet.
1) $30.00 for each applicant
2) One photo ID or copy and One Social Security Card or copy.
3) Most recent paycheck stubs for one month’s income or written verification of income.
4) One fully completed and signed application for each adult over 18.
5) For Applicants with Pets:Photo, Veterinarian's description of breed/weight, spay/neuter proof, current vaccination record.
An application will not be accepted or considered if it does not include all items on the checklist. Within one (1) day after the approval of your application, a deposit in the form of a Cashier’s Check or Money Order & signed Holding Deposit Agreement will be required to hold the apartment for you. The funds must be issued to Otis Terrace Apartments.
Please note that applications will be processed in the order received. In the event that multiple applications have been received at once, the best-qualified applicant will receive first consideration.
If you are applying for an apartment in advance of the existing tenant vacating, please be aware that the date that the apartment will become available is subject to change without prior notice, due to the existing tenant’s schedule and/or the needs of the apartment turnover.
Applicants will be deemed ineligible based upon the resident selection criteria for the following reasons:
1) Failure to present all members of the applicant’s household at the scheduled interview.
2) Failure of any household member to behave in a courteous, respectful, non-confrontational, non-violent manner during an interview or while on the property.
3) Falsification of any information provided on an application.
4) Poor Credit History
5) Household income below required level.
6) Failure to provide requested information and proof of income and/or assets.
8) Failure to accurately disclose your pet's breed/weight, spay/neuter status, or vaccination records.